Grand Jury hands down criminal indictments
By Patrick Yost
The Morgan County Grand Jury met on Monday, March 7 at Morgan County Superior Court. The following persons were indicted during the grand jury session.
• Jerrod Clay Hawk, 33, Rutledge, one count possession of methamphetamine with the intent to distribute. Warrants allege that on January 12 a vehicle Hawk was driving was stopped by a Georgia State trooper and 26 grams of methamphetamine were discovered in the trunk of the vehicle.
• James Franklin Tucker, no age given, Columbia, S.C. one count possession of marijuana. Warrants allege that a Georgia State Trooper on January 11 located one pound of marijuana under the driver’s seat of a vehicle Tucker was driving on Interstate 20.
• Aaron Nicholas MacDonald, 27, Kitchener, Ohio, two counts possession of marijuana, one count following too closely. Warrants allege that MacDonald had two grams of marijuana in a sandwich bag and a pound of marijuana concealed in the sidewall of a vehicle MacDonald was driving on Interstate 20.
• Ben Monroe Fulmore, 29, Conyers, one count obstruction of an officer, one count reckless conduct, one count cruelty to children in the third degree, one count following too closely, one count possession of marijuana. Warrants allege that on November 24, 2010, a vehicle Fulmore was driving was stopped by Georgia State Trooper on Interstate 20 and after the stop the trooper allegedly discovered four grams of marijuana in Fulmore’s pants and a small amount of suspected marijuana in his shoe. The warrant also alleges that Fulmore had to be tazed during the encounter and a small child was in the vehicle.
• Terence Henderson Wright, 29, Greensboro, one count possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, one count possession of marijuana, one count driven while license suspended. Warrants allege that on January 24 a vehicle driving by Wright was stopped by a Georgia State Trooper on Interstate 20 and a half pound of marijuana was discovered in the vehicle’s truck.
• Tangalla Latrice Jackson, no age given, Madison, one count hindering the apprehension of a criminal, one count obstruction of an officer. Warrants allege that Jackson harbored a known fugitive in the attic of her Penor Street home.
• Donta Rejhee Robertson, 20, Bostwick, one count theft by taking. Warrants allege that on November 16, 2010 Robertson took a 2004 Yamaha Raptor four-wheeler from a Mallard Ridge residence.
• James Lee Jenkins Jr., 37, Madison, one count theft by receiving stolen property. In a separate matter, Jenkins was also indicted on one count theft by taking. Warrants allege that on January 19 Jenkins was found in possession of a stolen four-wheeler. A second warrant alleged that Jenkins, while doing chores for a Buckhead convenience store on January 19 entered the kitchen area of the store and took a meat slicer.
• Reginald Fernado Jones, 40, Madison, one count kidnapping, one count false imprisonment, two counts sexual battery, one count furnishing alcohol to a minor. Warrants allege that Jones offered a woman a ride home on December 8, 2010 and instead drove her to a secluded area off Doster Road where he allegedly sexually assaulted the woman in the car against her will.
• Mentavious Jackson, 16, Madison, two counts burglary, one count interference with government property, one count participating in criminal gang activity. Indictments allege that Jackson on January 10 entered the Morgan County High School unlawfully and damaged government property participated in gang activity by “tagging” areas of the school with gang insignia.
• Raymond Coats Sr., 46, Madison, one count sexual registration violation. Warrants allege that Coats failed to notify and register his change of address as required by sex offender registration requirements.
• Jeffrey Lamont Evans, 28, one count family violence battery, one count obstructing person making an emergency telephone call. Warrants allege that on December 22, 2010 Evans took a woman’s phone during an argument to prevent her from calling 911 and then struck the woman in the face, head and arms.
• Lorenzo Thomas, 45, Harlem, four counts cruelty to children, two counts reckless conduct. Warrants allege that on July 20, 2009 Thomas, while a passenger in a vehicle on Interstate 20 yelled at the five other passengers in the vehicle and then pulled the steering wheel out of the driver’s hands and caused the vehicle to run off the road and strike a tree. There were four minor children in the vehicle and the warrant alleges Thomas was intoxicated at the time of the incident.
• Jeannette Baynes, no age given, Social Circle, one count criminal damage to property in the second degree, one count criminal trespass, one count simple battery. Warrants allege Baynes ran her vehicle into another person’s vehicle three times and shoved a person into a window causing the window to shatter.
• Chadwick Mitchell Thomas, 32, Madison, one count aggravated stalking. Thomas was also indicted on one count theft by taking in an unrelated matter. Warrants allege that Thomas entered the property of a Hestertown Road man knowing that Thomas was under a temporary protective order to stay away from the man. A second warrant alleges that on February 14 Thomas took $10,000 worth of used air conditioning parts from a Hightower Road location.
• John Thomas Bumgarner, 77, Madison, one count aggravated assault, one count family violence battery, one count obstructing a person making an emergency telephone call. Warrants allege that on November 19, 2010 Bumgarner choked a woman during an argument.
• Keith Lopez Robinson, 19, one count armed robbery, two counts aggravated assault, one count possession of a firearm by first offender probationer. On a separate matter Robinson was also indicted on one count theft by receiving stolen property. Warrants allege that on August 22, 2010 Robinson pointed a pistol in a man’s face, struck the man in the head with the pistol and took $750 and a cell phone from the victim. Another warrant alleges that Robinson, on December 16, 2010 took a stolen 60’ Mitsubishi television set and held it in storage until the television could be sold.
• Rebecca Jan Miller, 40, Hull two counts homicide by vehicle, two counts driving under the influence, one count reckless driving, one count failure to maintain lane, one count expired tag. Warrants allege that on January 15 Miller was under the influence of several drugs and was using a cell phone during a fatal accident on U.S. 441.
• Rodney Gene Hopkins, 26, Monticello, two counts child molestation, two counts statutory rape. Indictments allege that sometime between December 18, 2001 and December 16, 2003 Hopkins molested a female child under the age of 14-years-old and, in the same period raped a female child under the age of 14-years-old.
• Bryan James Clark, 37, Monroe, one count terroristic threats and acts, one count family violence battery, one count simple battery, one count obstruction of an officer, one count obstructing person making an emergency telephone call. Warrants allege that on January 22, 2011 Clark beat a woman in the head, face and arms during an argument in a motel room. The warrant alleged Clark continued to beat the woman and threatened to kill her outside the room and ripped the phone cord from the wall of the room so an emergency call could not be made.
• Wesley Joel Davis, 31, Rutledge, one count theft by taking. In a separate matter Davis was also indicted on one count theft by taking. Warrants allege that on October 4, 2010 Davis took an air conditioning unit from a Sewell Church Road location. A second warrant alleges that Davis took a $1,500 heat pump from a Weaver Jones Road location.
• Jamie Lee Lockhart, 30 Madison, one count theft by taking. In a separate matter Lockhart was indicted on one count theft by taking. Lockhart faces a third theft by taking indictment on another alleged theft. Warrants allege that Lockhart on October 1, 2010 took two heat pumps valued at $6,800 from a Sewell Church Road, Rutledge residence. A second warrant alleges that on February 3 Lockhart took used air conditioning parts from a Hightower Road location. A third warrant alleges that On October 1, 2010 Lockhart took a $1,500 heat pump from a Weaver Jones Road location.
• Horace Martin Guinn Jr., 34, Madison, five counts aggravated sexual battery, three counts child molestation, five counts sexual exploitation of children, one count possession of methamphetamine. Countless warrants allege that Guinn had a quantity of methamphetamine in his residence and that on several occasions he photographed and fondled minor girls.
Printed in the March 17, 2011 edition