Morgan County Sheriff’s Office
• On Aug. 23 Janice Peaks, 52, Greensboro, was arrested and charged with probation violation after deputies were called to a Prospect Road location in regards to a domestic violence complaint. According to reports, a woman at the location told deputies that Peaks had allegedly been drinking during the day and engaged in a fight with a man. Peaks told authorities that the complainant and the man had attacked her.
• On Aug. 24 a noise complaint was filed at an Atlanta Highway location after a man reported that is neighbor had yelled at him from his yard regarding the complainant's dog barking and regarding a chicken the complainant owns. The complainant said the man alleged that the chicken had trespassed onto his property and that things were "about to get bad…" The complainant said he was not sure what the neighbor was referring to but that the remarks sounded threatening.
• On Aug. 21 a suspicious person complaint was filed at a Spears Road location after a woman told authorities that a bus driver had reported observing a white male in the complainant's driveway. The driver told the complainant that the man fled when the bus stopped at the driveway.
Madison Police Department
• On Aug. 24 a harassing communication complaint was filed at an Old Post Road location after a man reported that he had received several harassing phone calls from his fiance’s ex-husband. The man said he was particularly concerned after the ex-husband allegedly threatened to “suffocate” the complainant.
• On Aug. 13 a fraud complaint was filed at a Bell Circle location after a woman reported that she had been contacted by her bank regarding a negative balance in her account. The woman said after the call, she reviewed her bank account and noticed that four charges had been made to her debit card that she had not authorized. A total of $170 had been charged. The woman said she had lost the debit card but could not remember when.
• On Aug. 21 a harassing communication report was filed at a North Main Street location afer a man reported that he was receiving harassing text messages from someone named “Lisa.” The man said he has not met the person but has had several phone conversations with the woman. The man said the woman had sent him a text message accusing him of soliciting prostitutes and having relations with other men.
• On Aug. 21 a simple battery complaint was filed at a Penor Street location after a woman reported that her boyfriend had allegedly struck her on the thigh. The woman said the man became enraged because his sister would not braid his hair.
Printed in the August 30, 2012 edition