Morgan County Sheriff’s Office
• On Nov. 21 Calvin Thomas, 28, Madison, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and obstruction. According to reports, an officer responded to a suspicious person report and attempted to stop Thomas near a wooded area near Canterbury apartments. Reports state that Thomas ran into an apartment and officers located him in a rear bedroom. They also located a sack of suspected marijuana in the bedroom.
• On Nov. 24 a terroristic threats and acts complaint was filed at a Bostwick Highway location after a man reported that his brother had a knife and was threatening to kill anyone “who got in his way.” The man fled the area on foot before officers arrived and could not be located.
• On Nov. 23 a missing juvenile report was filed at an Enterprise Road location after a woman reported that her 16-year-old foster daughter had left the residence. The woman said the girl went outside of the residence to get better cell phone reception and did not return. The girl is described as 5’4”, 105 pounds with long reddish-brown hair.
• On Nov. 23 a dog bite complaint was filed at a Bostwick Highway location after a telephone repair man reported that as he was walking across the yard with a property owner, the property owner’s dog bit him on the leg.
• On Nov. 21 a theft by taking complaint was filed at a Centennial Road, Rutledge, after a woman reported that someone had taken a battery from a green Ford Ranger pick-up truck. The woman said she noticed the battery was gone after her daughter told her the hood on the truck was open.
• On Nov. 19 an identity fraud complaint was filed at a Clack Road location after a man reported that when he was attempting to secure a loan he was advised that someone in Upland, Calif. Had opened two lines of credit using his identity.
• On Nov. 20 Mentavious Jackson, 18, Madison, was arrested and charged with loitering and obstruction after he allegedly failed to heed an officers command to stop. According to reports, an officer allegedly observed Jackson and another man loitering in the Green Meadows area. The officer attempted to approach both men and Jackson allegedly fled toward Pine Tree Circle. He was later arrested by a Madison officer near the Madison Villas Apartment Complex.
Printed in the November 29, 2012 edition.