Law Enforcement • February 14, 2013
Morgan County Sheriff's Department
• On Feb. 9 a theft by taking complaint was filed at a Fairplay Road, Bostwick, location after a man reported that someone had taken a 1996 Articat 300 four-wheeler. The man said the vehicle had no keys, cracked rear fenders and a broken left handle. The vehicle had been changed in a carport area but the lock had been cut.
• On Feb. 9 David Gregory Moss, 45, Bostwick, was arrested and charged with battery after he allegedly choked, slapped, punched and bit a woman. The woman also alleged that Moss struck her on the head with a broom stick. Reports state that the woman called authorities after alleging that while travelling in a vehicle with Moss he slapped her in the mouth, causing her lips to split open. The woman said after they arrived at a Price Mill Road residence he grabbed her by the throat and choked her and struck her with his fists. Moss was arrested without incident at the Price Mill Road residence. The woman had fled the residence to a Walton County location. The woman told authorities, reports state, that Moss threatened to kill her if she contacted police.
• On Feb. 9 a theft by taking complaint was filed at a Baldwin Dairy Road location after a man reported that someone had taken several items from his boat. The man said he parked the boat on Baldwin Dairy Road on Jan. 9 and when he returned on Feb. 9 he noticed that five life jackets, a fire extinguisher, two batteries, a trolling motor, a tackle box, a spare tire, a wheel assembly, a padded leather adjustable swivel seat, a throw net, a fish landing net, a fish locator, four rod and reel combinations, an anchor light and ball hitch were missing. The man valued the items at $960. The boat was parked approximately 150 feet from a residence.
• On Feb. 8 a criminal trespass complaint was filed at a Nolan Store Road location after a man reported that someone had gained entry to a deer stand and strewn magazine pages, bug spray and paper towels on the floor. Profanity had also been written on the interior framing and door.
• On Feb. 7 a disorderly conduct complaint was filed at a Buckhead Road location after a woman reported that a woman had come to a daycare establishment and demanded a refund for daycare she paid for. The complainant said she has a criminal case against the woman’s husband and that the woman was extremely loud and disruptive at the daycare center. The woman had left the facility when officers arrived.
• On Feb. 7 a 16-year-old male student at Morgan County High School was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana after administrators located a glass jar containing a plastic bag of suspected marijuana in the student’s jacket pocket.
• On Feb. 5 a disruption with the operation of a public schools complaint was filed at Morgan County High School after an administrator reported that a 14-year-old male student had been detained for using profane language during an argument with another student. Reports state that the detained student was ordered to go to in-school suspension but refused and told authorities he was going home. The student was handcuffed and transported to the Morgan County Detention Center and was then turned over to his mother.
• On Feb. 4 a simple battery complaint was filed at Morgan Memorial Hospital after a man told officers he had been in an altercation with his mother’s boyfriend in Bryon, Ga. The man said he did not report the incident while at Byron. Hospital officials said the man possibly had a broken ankle and thumb.
• On Feb. 5 an aggravated sodomy complaint was filed at an east bound rest area of Interstate 20 after an 18-year-old female reported that a man picked her and a friend up at an Atlanta gas station and later forced her at gun point on two occasions to perform sexual acts. The woman said the second occurance was at the rest stop and that she fled the silver Mercedes. The woman described the man as a black male and that the man picked her and her friend up at a gas station on University Avenue in Atlanta. The woman said she flagged a truck driver down for assistance at the rest area.
Madison Police Department
• On Feb. 5 a harassing communication complaint was filed at a West Washington Street location after a man reported that the mother of his child pulled up as he was standing outside a business and began to berate him regarding him using the child as a dependent on his income taxes. At the time of the confrontation, reports state, the man was speaking with his girlfriend on the phone. The girlfriend reported that she heard the remarks and also claimed that on three other occasions the woman had confronted her in public.
• On Feb. 4 a criminal trespass complaint was filed at a Sulgrave Drive location after a woman reported that another woman entered her apartment and refused to leave. When officers arrived both women and others were in the parking lot of the apartment complex engaged in arguments. The officer quelled the arguments and peace was restored.
• On Jan. 31 Shandrea Kiera Monique Benford, 18, Madison, was arrested and charged with criminal trespass. According to reports, Benford was located at an apartment at Orchard Grove Apartments, Micah Way, after she had been served in September 2012 with a criminal trespass warning not to enter the apartment complex. Officers located Benford in the rear bedroom of an apartment. She was then taken into custody and transported to the Morgan County Detention Center.
Printed in the February 14, 2013 edition