Saturday, December 13 • Christmas Rush Classic 5K. Contact Rusty Ewing for more information. (706) 342-4900×21
Saturday, December 13 • Holiday Parade at 4 p.m. For more information call (706) 342-1251 or visit www.madisonmainstreetga.com
Saturday, December 13 • Caroling by Candlelight at Town Park at 5 p.m. For more information, call (706) 342-1251 x208.
• “The Light of Christmas”, the Annual Living Christmas Tree Musical will be Saturday, December 13 and Sunday, December 14 at 7:00pm. More information about all of the upcoming events at Centennial Baptist Church can be found online at www.centennialbaptist.org or by calling the church office at 706-557-2120
• Christmas at Stepback, a walking tour of Stepback, Ga., an early 1900’s rural community decorated for Christmas. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Stepback into time for an up close and personal look into the 20 buildings furnished with period antiques and accessories. Enjoy old time gospel in the church, chat with the General Store manager, see the grist mill with 12 ft. wheel, and follow the creek to find a liquor still. Conclude with a cup of hot chocolate served by a warm fire. No admission fee. Location: 176 A Dennis Station Road, Eatonton, Ga. Information: contact Roger D. Pierce at (706) 473-1379. Website: www.stepbackgeorgia.com. Facebook/ Stepback Georgia
Sunday, December 14 • Madison AA meetings every Sunday and Thursday Call (706-318-1551) for more information.
• Madison Al Anon meetings every Sunday Call Carroll (706) 431-6013 for more information.
• “The Light of Christmas”, the Annual Living Christmas Tree Musical will be Saturday, December 13 and Sunday, December 14 at 7:00pm. More information about all of the upcoming events at Centennial Baptist Church can be found online at www.centennialbaptist.org or by calling the church office at 706-557-2120.
• The Max Noah Singers of Georgia College under the direction of Dr. Jennifer M. Floy will be in concert at New Hope Baptist Church Sunday night, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. as part of their Christmas Tour. New Hope is located at 1400 Farmington Road in Greshanville.
Tuesday, December 16 • Athens Resource Center and Arch Village Ground Breaking at 3 p.m. at 250 North Avenue, Athens, GA 30601. Please join us for this exciting event that has been several years in the making. The ARCH Village and Athens Resource Center came about as a result of the closing of the Navy Supply School. Through a community-wide collaborative process we have been awarded funds to develop 24 units of transitional housing for homeless families, a child day care center serving low income and homeless children, and a homeless resource center providing an array of support services to the local homeless population. Our shared vision is coming to fruitition! We welcome you to come share this special event with us, and we look forward to our continued partnerships as we seek to address the needs of those most in need.