By Patrick Yost editor
A 2005 Ford Taurus being worked on at a Sandy Creek Road residence jumped the blocks and rammed into a manufactured house, starting a fire. According to reports with the Morgan County Emergency Services Department, the vehicle was being worked on by John Willis Collins, 86, when it rolled into the manufactured house and ignited. Reports state that Collins was not injured in the incident. The fire occurred at approximately 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 13. The vehicle rolled through concrete blocks holding the manufactured house in place said Morgan County Fire Chief Mark Melvin and then ignited. The manufactured house suffered extensive damage but was not completely destroyed, Melvin said. Fire fighters from Bostwick, Apalachee and the Morgan County Fire Station responded to the fire.