mcc

Keep your heart free from hate

Editor Sugar Creek News Leave a Comment

Seems like it’s been forever since I’ve written a column. It just comes down to being sick and not having anything special to write about, so I’m happy on this beautiful Monday to write again. And what a beautiful day it is after all the storms, rains and winds on Sunday. I think most everyone was glued to the television to see if it was coming our way and we are so fortunate that the worst did not get to Morgan County. For those where it was really bad, I …

mcc

Christmas is just around the corner

Do you realize that time is creeping upon us? Christmas is just around the corner from Thanksgiving. Time does fly along with all the leaves that have turned loose with all the wind we’ve had the last few days. We’ve already had a taste of the cold weather to come. I for one, do not like the cold-cold weather. I guess God wants us to have a good taste of all four seasons. So many are sick. There are several out with some sort of stuff going around early. I …

mcc

Beautiful fall days in Morgan County

A beautiful fall day here in Morgan County. In some areas the trees are losing their leaves other trees are coated in beautiful colors. This is a beautiful time of the year when God gets out his paint brush and does Hi magic. Service was good on Sunday as Butch took his message from Nehemiah 2: 11-20 he discussed Advancing the Gospel telling the congregation that it is necessary that we spread the gospel. Meditate on God’s Word. God wanted each of us to know Him and obey His commandments. Nehemiah loved …

mcc

Let’s not forget the time change on November 2

Editor Buckhead News Leave a Comment

Let’s not forget the time change on November 2. It won’t affect us. We get up when we want to unless we have an appointment that’s early. John and Gail Wade spent a few days in the mountains. The Buckhead Baptist Church will have a men’s breakfast Sunday at 7:30 a.m. Edna Smith went to Eatonton Sunday to see Beatrice Smith and Linda. Beatrice is doing very well to be 98 years old. The Buckhead Baptist Church had a fall festival Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. They had a great time. …

mcc

Fall Festival this Saturday at 5 p.m.

Mae Buice columnist Hey! What’s going on here? Whoa! I’m sure that’s what was in our Pastor’s mind when he was “hustled” away from the pulpit on Sunday morning. We had an opening song, he was ready to make announcements and take prayer requests…..but what? Those deacons just pushed him away, took his pulpit and did what?! Placed a brand new pulpit in it’s place. You think you will never see Butch speechless! Well, we sure did and what excitement this Pastor Appreciation Day began with him almost in tears….or maybe …

mcc

Trick or Trot and Spooky Fall Fest October 25th

Editor Rutledge News Leave a Comment

Tim Ferguson columnist Autumn, the season that comes between summer and winter, also known as fall in the astronomical year, that period between the autumnal equinox and the winter solstice, began September 23. Fall is the season in the Northern Temperate Zone in which many trees lose their leaves. Fall is generally regarded as the months of September, October, and November. Fall is the perfect time of year to have outdoor activities in the RTL. Temperatures normally range around the 70’s during the day and in the 40’s at night. …

mcc

I thank God for His gift of friendship

Betty Moore, Columnist Everybody that knew Michael Walters was so shocked when they learned of his sudden death. I did not personally know him, but knew his twin brother. His brother Mark, was married to the daughter of the daughter of the late Beverly Sigman, who was a very good friend of mine. Beverly Sigman had been a friend of mine for thirty five or more years. I was so sorry to learn of his death. I send my most sincere sympathy to the Walters family. Jay and Hunter Moon …

Sugar Creek News: Happy to hear Monaray is home & well

I am happy to hear that Monaray is home and doing well. I pray she’ll be back to her day to day activities soon. Girl, we miss you! I had a nice weekend. The singing program is always good,  as is the preaching service. Using Colossians 2: Butch brought his message about “the Supremacy of Christ”.  Very moving sermon and I’m so glad to see all the vacationers back. It was a good opportunity for so many to take a trip. Do not have any information on Sunday night studies …

Buckhead News: Fall Festival Buckhead Baptist Church Oct. 29

I send my sympathy to the family of Thomas Maughon who passed away. He is survived by his wife Carol and two daughters and a son. They moved here in 1989 from Walton County. Jo Anne Bryant is in the hospital in Athens. I hope that she is better soon and back at home. Shane Smith has a birthday on October 16. Robert Smith has a birthday on October 18. Happy birthday to you both! Buckhead Baptist Church is having Revival on October 19-22. The minister will be the Rev. …

mcc

I am already looking forward to Thanksgiving

By: Mae Buice Been having some “nippy” weather, so I guess Fall is in full swing. I hate to see the summer days go. Missed you last week but we had a fabulous week end and I’ll tell you about it. Happy to be back in church on Sunday. A slim crowd, with school being out this week so many chose to take a mini vacation and still have some sick and unable to get here. Butch took his message from Acts 17: 16-33. Sermon titled “Engaging the Multiple Choice”. …

mcc

There is no room for fear

By Margie Ward: On Sunday morning attendance was good, with visitors present. We had some members and visitors out today for various reasons, we are praying that all will be back soon. Bro Ron welcomed everyone and had morning announcements. Deacon of the week, Joe brown, opened service with prayer. special Music was “The Mercy Tree”by Peggy Harper. Bro Ron’s messed “Keep Your Eyes On Jesus” Hebrews 12:13. We have a race to run, those christian men & women gone on before us ran their race and finished the course. …

Good times we had on the slopes

I send my sympathy to Debbie Ashburn and also to Dr. Ralph Bennett Jr. in the death of their dad Ralph M. Bennett Sr. in Macon. The funeral was on Sunday. There was a huge crowd there including some from Madison. Mr. Bennett was 90 years old and had been in declining health for some time. Among the survivors is Matthew Ashburn. Mr. Bennett was Matthew’s granddad. Earl Smith passed away on August 17 in a nursing home in Griffin. I send my sympathy to all of the family. He …

We are in desperate need of rain

What???   Here July is almost half over. It seems I’m always talking about how fast time goes by for this old lady and it is hot today (Monday). We are in desperate need of rain. Lord, we do need this today. I love the weekends. I know I’ll be in church someplace and am always so glad to be with the folks at Beacon Heights. I had the honor and pleasure of singing for them on Sunday and to be with their pastor as he has resigned and Sunday was …

Bible school at Buckhead was successful

I was saddened to learn of the death of Dean Strange on Sunday evening. He had been sick over four years. He had been hospitalized many times during his illness. Many wonderful people had prayed during the time of his illness. This time God saw that it was His timing for Dean to come home to his heavenly home. He was 35 years old. He is survived by his wife Cathy, sons, Davis, Hunter and daughter Maggie, his father Larry from Eatonton, mother Nancy from Buckhead, brother, Dave, granddad Oscar …

Seems even small crowds make up a great service

So many of our congregation members are on vacation, or sick and our attendance was light on Sunday, but we did have many visitors including some from Canada. Seems even small crowds make up a great service. Thanks to all the visitors that came on Sunday. It was so good to see Mr. George. I haven’t seen him in years. Butch took his sermon from Genesis 5:18 and Jude 1:14-15 with reference to Hebrews. A Walk Pleasing to God. What does it look like to walk with God, to be …

The New Apostles concert at Sewell Methodist

Today was a good day for a Buice Cousin’s Reunion in Snellville.   As most families these first cousins are gradually fading away. We had 16 first and second cousins to meet today for a day of love, memories, so much. Plus we had two additional to meet with us from another “leg” of our family. We surely enjoyed Maron and his son Ron Buice  from the Buford area. The first cousins who were with us were Betty Buice Glazener,  Larry Webb, Buddy Hix and James Buice.   Plus others with us Pam …

T G I F in the RTL

Editor Rutledge News Leave a Comment

Thank God it’s Friday in Rutledge! The long workweek is over and now it’s time to relax and have a little fun. What better way than to enjoy a FREE summer concert in the downtown Rutledge City Park. Pack a picnic, order from one of the restaurants, bring a lawn chair, and kick your shoes off. The Rutledge Merchants Association along with Terry Reeves of Music Matters Entertainment is hosting a Summer Concert Series in the Park. The series began Memorial Day Weekend with the Mansfield Pickers followed by Justin …

“Golden Oldies” this Friday night

Good day to you on this beautiful morning. I couldn’t ask for anything better other than we could use a little rain. Some areas have had plenty but it seems to just skip over this area. With a good attendance on Sunday, good sermon, singing, fellowship, it was just good to be in God’s house.   As Butch once again preached from John 3: 1-3 about the uniqueness of Christianity and religion.  Just being good is not good enough to get you into heaven.   It’s a natural thing for you to rebel …

The ferry at Parks Mill in 1943

The Buckhead Baptist Church had a good fellowship last Monday night. They had an enjoyable time. The Lake Oconee Baptist Church had movie night Sunday. Before they had hot dogs with the entire trimming. Was not given the name of the movie but I was told that it was very good. Be on the watch out for the paper that the youth at Lake Oconee Baptist Chapel put out once a month. Teresa Wallace is in charge of this. She does such a great job. It is put out at …

“Golden Oldies” this Friday night

Good day to you on this beautiful morning. I couldn’t ask for anything better other than we could use a little rain. Some areas have had plenty but it seems to just skip over this area. With a good attendance on Sunday, good sermon, singing, fellowship, it was just good to be in God’s house.   As Butch once again preached from John 3: 1-3 about the uniqueness of Christianity and religion.  Just being good is not good enough to get you into heaven.   It’s a natural thing for you to rebel …